Monday, October 7, 2019

Fall Splendor in Traverse Bay

Fall is a funny time of the year. We resist its arrival during the hot lazy days of summer -- not wanting to give up the luxury of continuous heat. Who can resist coatlessness and flowers blooming without effort? Summer is the time when we can justify a rest and rationalize a visit, but eventually fall forces itself upon us.

Fall is the conduit between the carefree days of summer and the harsh regiment of winter. In a lovely and gracious manner, autumn brings the message that fun cannot last forever. 
The colours are a sign that endings can be beautiful, and that the drabness in the months to come are only temporary. 

I hope you enjoy these pictures taken on my regular walks, as I snap pictures with my "little puppy," Snowball and my Panasonic Lumix bridge camera. All are from the Traverse Bay area. 






One thing I have noticed is that the colours of the trees are radiant and shine with luminance of their own. When the sun shines as well, the effect is glorious! With all the clouds lately, I was waiting for a sunny day to get the best possible light. 





Even the beach looks different in the fall: a bit messy, like it's getting ready for winter. 









The interesting thing about the forest is that there is always new growth right alongside of the old. You see baby trees and old trees dying. What a diverse community. One of the things we miss in our society is that young people are often cut off from old people, unexposed to their wisdom and tempering influence.

The woods have all ages. There is no discrimination here. The poorly dressed and the richly adorned all share the space. 








Finally, I love me some black and white photography. The beauty of this simple medium is that it shows the lines and the form with no distractions. 









Thanks so much for reading along today. I would love to hear your thoughts on fall, and how October is going in your neck of the woods. Take care and God bless you. 




Love Sharilee. Hey thanks so much for reading. I would love to hear your comments and input in the space below. Also, if you like what you are reading, sign up through my Facebook page. or receive posts by e-mail by joining here

4 comments:

  1. Just beautiful, Sharilee! Thanks for sharing such lovely photos. I love fall, except for the fact that it signals that winter is right around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your analogy between the young and the old trees alongside each other and the separation of our society. A great picture that made a strong point. Pictures are beautiful. Here is the very heart of America geographically, we are only just seeing the trees turn color. Expecting our first freezing temperatures tonight. I don't think of fall as an end to summer fun, just an end to the warmth and sunshine. Winter in Missouri is nearly cloudy every day. Ugh. But winter has its own beauty when snow arrives!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful photos and a wonderful reflection too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never been to Traverse Bay, but these fall photos are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments nice and kind.