Saturday, February 20, 2010

Paths!

Well, I just wanted to follow up on the last post, about weight prejudice. I am really interested in hearing about other people's opinions on this topic -- please feel free to give your ideas and thoughts on this topic.

I was very glad for my friend, Melissa, from the blog, "Try, Try Again", for making a mention of this post in her blog, and encouraging people to read the post. She had some really good thoughts on the topic, too, which you can read by going to the following link: Try Try Again. Melissa has been a great support to me in the weight loss journey, and I know you would enjoy her blog very much. Thanks, Melissa!


I haven't had much time to write lately, but things are going quite well. We are moving this weekend, which means going from a very crowded old run-down trailer to a house! This is very exciting for our family, and a lot of work, of course. I am very glad, because there will be room for our stuff, and room for everyone to have some of their own space. Very exciting!

And ... there are a lot of places to walk in this area. In fact, there is a major walking trail right by our place, about 1 1/2 blocks away. The city converted a railway track into a bike trail, and it goes all the way downtown. I know this will help me in losing weight. When I walk, I lose, and lately, I haven't been walking, because of being so isolated out here.

My progress lately has been not good. I haven't been to Curves since before Christmas, and haven't been tracking my calories either. Once I get set up in the new house, I want to set up my program again. My time to focus on it is limited, because of family and work obligations. But I am going to do what I can.

Overall, though, I am still eating less, binging much less often, and trying to move more. Last night, my husband really wanted to go to a Chinese buffet, and I wanted to let him go somewhere that he enjoyed. I was a bit concerned that I could eat healthily, but it wasn't that bad. Not great, but not bad. I only ate one plate of salad, and one plate of Chinese food. I thought about going for seconds, like I would have before, but I stopped myself. I actually felt content with what I  had. I had lemon chicken, rice, some mixed vegetables, some chop suey, and lots of sauce. Before, I would have been eating two or three plates and felt sick afterwards. But this time, I felt okay. It wasn't the best quality food, but at least, I didn't feel ill from gorging.

I really believe that this is one of the keys for me: to be content with "good enough" sometimes. I just cannot completely focus on weight loss right now, but I am trying to make a pattern of better choices overall. I know what it would be like to be excellent, but I just can't seem to make the time to be excellent right now, in this area. I do believe this is one of the keys to maintaining my gains in better habits, instead of slipping back all the way to my previous habits.

I have been reading other people's blogs, and so many of you are doing so well. You continue to inspire me to not give up. I may not be as far along as you, but you are helping me to keep my eye on the prize, and not drop out of the race, no matter how I may have been slowed down. Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. I love that you're honest about where you are. & your little changes, just maintaining, & eating 1 plate instead of 3 (smaller portions) are really good changes. Sure, you may not lose 2-3 pounds every week, but i bet longterm you will still be losing! =)

    I am so excited about your move into a house!!!! OH, man! I can't WAIT!!! One day i shall too have a house! I am so excited for you! & happy there are walking places nearby!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments nice and kind.