Sunday, March 20, 2011

World's Healthiest Foods

Well, since deciding to lose weight again, I have felt perplexed about how I am going to do this. The problem is,  have been reading diet books since I was thirteen years old. (The first one I ever read was Richard Simmons' book, "Never Say Diet," written way back in 1982.) And so from reading A LOT of books on dieting, exercise, body, and all of that, it still has not resulted in permanent weight loss. The amount of information out there can be overwhelming to me, and this discourages me, rather than encourages.

I have done the studying, but not the application. So, I feel like I need a fresh start, and a different approach. I admit it - it's a bit daunting to try again, so I want to do something different, to encourage myself. 


The resource that I have decided to use is one that I have been subscribed to, via e-mail, for at least a couple of years now. It is called "The World's Healthiest Foods," and it is an absolutely amazing website. Contained in these pages in the most comprehensive directory of information possible about healthy foods: the 130 healthiest foods, to be exact. The funny thing is, I have been receiving this newsletter but never really thought of it as a way to lose weight. But it is! And this is a resource I definitely want to use.

The website is owned by a foundation called the George Mateljan Foundation for the World's Healthiest Foods, started by George Mateljian.

This site offers seven days of menus to get started, and they also have a book, with an eating plan, contained in it. I would like to get the book, but for now, I want to at least start to use the ideas from the website. For me, it's more about getting healthy than losing weight. Losing weight should be a byproduct of getting healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments nice and kind.