Setting a Foundation

This morning, I had to remind myself of why I have undertaken this journey: the journey to lose weight. I have taken this journey because I am laying a foundation for the future. I do have other dreams and aspirations, but without a healthy me, these will not happen. Taking care of my body and my home are the foundations of building a life.
image -- foundation by Samdogs (Flickr)

From these basics, flow anything else that comes from  a life. My life has been always lived the other way. I focused on career, and the outside world, at the expense of my body. It's not that I didn't try, but I unintentionally neglected my physical body and home, at the expense of serving others and the community. This was a form of self-abuse, and has eventually led to me being a hundred pounds overweight.

I want to take care of this body, because this body is the thing that takes me from place to place, that houses my soul, my spirit, and dreams. 
NewerStories OlderStories Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments nice and kind.

Subscribe