Sunday, September 13, 2009

My style is Dramatic Modern

I had read about a quiz over at "Homegoods" from another blogger, Leann, from
http://simplydandy.blogspot.com/, which tells you your design style. I love quizzes! Here is the result:
Sharilee, you are a Dramatic Modern


You keep up with culture, style, and trends, but have a classical appreciation for beautiful forms and well-made, functional objects. You are inspired by good design and quality craftsmanship, but have a sense of the theatrical and the fun. You liven things up and infuse personality into your rooms. You like how something ornate mixes with modern, or how daring flourishes, like bold color or a wild pattern, can inject some humor and contrast to the serious, straight lines of modern pieces. You are a style leader, and your friends look to you for advice. You are not afraid of glamour. Because you embrace color, art, and elegance, your home makes a happy impact.

 
You value serenity. While there are probably a lot of interesting things in your home, they are joined by your taste or a certain palette that keeps them in harmony. You appreciate the beauty in simple forms. Whether fancy or plain, you appreciate things that are well made and function as well as they look. You also have a strong respect for the environment and craftsmanship. You care about how things are made, and how they are used.

That does sound a lot like me! Right  now, my home doesn't always reflect my style, but it does sound a lot like me when I was single, and decorated just for myself. 


Here's the link if you want to try it:

http://www.homegoods.com/hghq_quiz.asp

Have fun!



1 comment:

Please keep your comments nice and kind.