Monday, September 28, 2009

Focusing on the victories

Good news! My husband says he can definitely notice that I am losing weight. That is very encouraging. I need to get motivated for this next week. These last few days, I did not track my food. I seem to only do it for three or four days at a time, and then give up. It is so tedious! Just saying! But I know it helps and it's necessary.

And very little exercise this week, either.

I had one emotional binging time. I had five cookies and a small vegetarian pizza in one meal. It did not feel good to binge and I stopped myself from going further because honestly, I didn't get that much out of it.

Also, on Friday night, I went for dinner with my husband. This was the first time going out with him to dinner at a fairly nice restaurant since I started the weight loss thing again. I had a salad, a chicken kebab, and rice. It was so healthy!!! No fries and it was still so filling. I used to always order chips because I thought it was the only thing that would fill me up, but that meal was so filling!

So, that was a victory. I have to remember the victories instead of just focusing on what I did wrong. This will help me keep going. I have always given up, in the past, because of being discouraged by my failure. But I must encourage myself ... and keep going. I will go forward this week ... and try to do well. Try to eat well, and to move as much as I can.

5 comments:

  1. awesome!!! it's so hard for me to eat healthy in a restaurant- even though they have healthy options! So good for you! Awesome that hubby is noticing, too! :) (& i've heard of binges a lot worse than that one! lol.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am proud of you!!! Good work!!! And really, if you think about it, this latest binge was probably healthier than binges before your journey began...for me, a vegetarian pizza and cookies wouldn't have even been a problem before!!!

    So in a crazy way, THAT type of binge was a victory too. It wasn't like the old binges.

    Thanks for such a great post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad I found your blog. I like the way you are focusing on Victories. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gah, I think my comment got eaten by the sock monster.. oh well.. repost it.

    Have you thought about making it a mini-goal to track for one entire week? It might help spot areas that are working well or others that might need improvement.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you so much for the encouragement! Sorry for taking so long to reply to comments ... I haven't been on for a while. Josh, that sounds like a good idea ... to have a mini-goal. That does sound like a good structure to help me keep on track.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments nice and kind.