Saturday, June 18, 2011

Dinner .. Scrambled Eggs Deluxe



Well, tonight's supper was scrambled eggs. I use my recipe, which has been perfected through years of experimentation. This time, I added bacon, which I cooked along with the vegetables. I then put bread in another pan, with margarine on both sides and pan-fried the bread until toasted. I then spread the eggs on top of the bread, and added shredded cheese on top.
These are the eggs right after adding the cheese.

Sound decandent? Well, yeah, it kinda is. But my gorgeous husband just worked twelve hours, and there's nothing he loves me more than a breakfast-supper. In other words, breakfast served at supper. In fact, when we go to Humpty's or Smitty's, what does he order? Some kind of decandent egg and bacon dish. And let's be honest ... the other reason I made eggs tonight, is that I need to buy groceries!

And for this recipe has plenty of vegetables, it's real food. Eggs are VERY healthy for you, contrary to what you may have heard. Taking some information from some of my favourite websites: World's Healthiest Foods, let me tell you a couple of things about eggs.

  • Eggs actually help your nerves by supplying your with choline, one of the main builders of nerve health. They can help combat fatigue and insomnia.
  • Choline deficiency is also associated with attention deficit disorder, Alzheimer's Disease, and memory problems, and cardiovascular problems. 
  • Although eggs do contain cholesterol, a person with heart problems can eat one or two eggs a day, and actually improve their cholesterol levels, because it is good cholesterol.
  • Some of the eggs used in the recipe. 
  • Good source of tryptophan, which helps the body to create serotonin, which regulates mood and sleep. Lack of serotonin has been linked to weight gain.
So there you have it. Some information about eggs, taken from the World's Healthiest Foods. If you don't believe me, look it up yourself, and see their sources and studies. 

What about you? Do you sometimes make breakfast for dinner? Is it a hit? Tell us what you make.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments nice and kind.