Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Physical Work Benefits

Physical work. Sometimes we do it, even when it's not formally classified as "exercise." That has been the case for me, the last couple of weeks. Last week, I helped to decorate for the graduation at the school, where I was teaching part-time. The four ladies and I first walked over the school (about a twenty-five minute walk) and then decorated for most of the afternoon. This was very physical, and I was tired by the end of the day. Not formal exercise, but I was still active.

Before that, on the weekend, I was painting my study, for a day and a half. I was exhausted by the end of the second day. Again, not formal exercise, but still calories were being used; I know that!

And then quite a bit of housework, which involved a lot of running up and down the stairs, bending and moving. Does this substitute for working out? No. Is it better than doing nothing? Definitely. I choose to rejoice in my small victories, and keep going forward.

My eating? Well, overall, better. I did have junk food a couple of time, but haven't really been binging. I did eat dessert three times, during the end of school, during grad, and then a last staff lunch. I don't usually eat dessert; so I know those are added calories. I have been eating pretty healthy at home, with reasonable portions, mostly.

As well, I have started to make protein shakes again, which are super-healthy. And a miracle? My husband has been on the shakes, now, for about two weeks! He suddenly started asking for them, and I was so surprised. God is good!

So, that's a quick update on my status. How is your week going?


"This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it."
--Psalm 118:24

2 comments:

  1. Good for you for rejoicing in small victories! The protein shakes look good, I need to start those up again too. I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Jenny. I really want to be positive, because I don't think it helps to beat yourself up. Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments nice and kind.