Friday, August 5, 2011

BYOC -- Bring Your Own Crazy Friday

Bring Your Own Crazy!

Okay, I have already posted for Friday, but I wanted to do something more fun, so I am doing a *thing* from this funny lady from my blog roll, Joanna, from Diary of a Mad, Fat Woman.
So the whole idea is that we copy the questions, answer them and get to know each other a little better. Sounds good to me! So here goes. If you would like to play along, just copy the questions from here and answer away! 

1. I’m going to pick a person in your life – not knowing if you have a good or bad, existing or non-existent relationship with them – and your mission is to pick 5 words or traits or thoughts to describe them.

Your paternal grandmother.

Hard-working. She had ten kids and ran a huge farming household before the days of automatic everything.

Buxom. The thing I remember about my Grandma was that she was well-endowed. Having ten children made her even more so. And I have to say, we are built the same!

Smart. She showed us her report cards from when she was in high school, and her marks were all in the nineties. She kept house for most of her life but did it with major brains.

Spontaneous. I remember her laughing and giggling with us, her little grandchildren. My favourite picture of her was of her laughing as she swung on a post by our house.

Hospitable. With ten children, dozens of grandchildren and many neighbours, my grandmother always opened her home and never complained about the steady stream of visitors. My Grandpa was the talker, but she was the one who kept everything going, usually in the background.

 It was nice to think about my Grandma. She passed in 1991, and spent the last ten years or so in a care centre with dementia. I only knew her, in her right mind, when I was quite young, but it was nice to pay homage to her. Love you, Grandma!

2. What’s your all time favorite color to paint your nails? And your toes?

Um, okay. This is embarrassing but it's been a long time since I painted my nails. When I do, however, it's some shade of pink, with a lighter shade on my hands and a darker shade on my toes. 
  
3. Do you get along with your parents well?

This is one that I don't really want to talk about. I got along very well with my Mom. She passed away nine and a half years ago. I loved her so so much. I am not really in touch with my father, but that's a whole other story.

4. Rank the rainbow colors in the order you prefer.

Purple
Pink
Orange
Yellow
Red
Blue
Green

I love purple!

5. Repeat question. How was your week in real life and in blog land this week?

My life in real life was pretty good. I was home for most of the week working on household stuff, trying to get some projects done and just get the house in order. I am staying at home for the first time this year and it's weird getting used to it but I am grateful to be able to do it! I love my gorgeous husband so much!

I think I found a new church to go to, and went on Sunday, with a friend, which was awesome.I walked quite a bit this week and feel really good about that!

I am a stepmom, and that is a challenge in itself. Not bad, but challenging. We have a lot of kids at our house all the time and it's pretty busy around here. There is sometimes drama.

In blogland, good! I have been working on some new ideas for my blog, to keep it more organized and focused. And I have to say I love blogging!

Okay, l hope we get a couple takers on BYOC. Have a good weekend!


*Image by SlapBcn

3 comments:

  1. Good Article Sharilee, good to think about Grandma again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great answers!! Loved hearing a little more about you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anon, thank you so much. Yes, I hadn't thought of her for quite a while.

    Joanna, thank you for posting the BYOC. It was fun!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments nice and kind.