Saturday, October 22, 2011

From The Blog Roll

Well, I am somewhat back on my regular blog schedule and Saturday is usually the day when I put some link love out there, sharing some of the stuff I've come across in the last week that you might appreciate.

This weekend, my husband is working the night shift so I stayed up kind of late. (I tend to have a hard time sleeping when he's gone all night.) I stayed up kind of late last night and was thinking about my career plans. I tentatively decided that I think I want to go back to teaching, but this time in the TESOL field. (teaching English to non-native speakers.) This is a long term thing and I am looking at taking the course next September. I do miss the interaction of teaching but want a lower stress environment.

I left teaching mainly because of the stress of my last full-time job. It was a toxic environment, with a lot of stress, and after leaving,  I was nervous about getting back into the public school system. (Plus the fact that it's not easy to get a job in this field.) This year, I worked part time at a school for adults returning to school but the contract ran out and I've been off since June. Since then, I have been writing articles online and trying to figure out the whole online writing gig. There's a lot to learn! I enjoy the writing but miss interaction!

So without further adieu, here are some links from my blog roll and beyond.



Okay, this first post is from the blog, Two Years To Happy Weight After, written by Princess Dieter. She is talking about the frustration of not being able to budge on the scale and she mentions a very interesting book, The Smarter Science of Slim: What the Actual Experts Have Proven About Weight Loss, Dieting, & Exercise, Plus, The Harvard Medical School, Johns ... UCLA Endorsed Program To Burn Fat Permanently (This link goes to Amazon.)

I checked out this book yesterday through Google Books and it looks pretty interesting. The author Jonathan Bailor, has examined 100's of studies on weight loss and says that basically, our whole paradigm for weight loss is wrong. If you want to see what this guy has to say, he also has a website set up. I am going to see if my library has this book first, because I do think it's worth a read.

Okay, next. I am going to give a shout-out to a couple of excellent posts from Diane at Fit to Finish this week. Both posts received a lot of feedback and generated some interesting discussions. First, some tips on night-time eating and how to avoid it.  I know this is one of my biggest problems, too! Check out the comments for even more ideas.

And also from the same blog: a post on whether or not we accept ourselves as we are. I have been very passionate about this topic on my Beautiful Wednesdays feature because I believe that loving ourselves now can help to move forward and change.

And one more from a blogger most of you probably know: Lynn at Escape From Obesity. She has such a thoughtful post about how she is enjoying her new body, after losing, and not sure if she wants to keep trying to lose. I loved this post because of how she describes how it feels to be "not big" anymore.

Finally, to end things off, I am going to share a couple of mine own articles. I wrote one article about the smoothie that I try to eat in the mornings, that seems to help me in getting results. I add hemp, which is such a powerhouse ingredient! I am working right now to try to create a low-carb version of this recipe, because I know some of you are doing a low-carb diet.

As well, I wrote an article about losing weight with Sparkpeople. I mention and refer to tracking quite a bit in my blog. This is all done through Sparkpeople. I highly recommend this site for tracking your food, exercise and also for support. If you do sign up, you can put me in as your referrer. My name on there is 100togo100togo.

And finally, I also wrote an article on Beverly Lewis on there. This link is for one of my readers who mentioned on her blog that she adores Beverley Lewis books. This is an overview of this author.

So, that's the blogroll roundup for this week. I did notice that there were fewer readers this week. I know I was gone for a while but I hope to be back at it regularly. I don't know if it was just a slow week everywhere or if it was something about my blog, but I love getting readers. To those who read faithfully, thank you, thank you, thank you!

If you haven't already, consider signing up for the Facebook page. I don't have many on there, but it's a convenient way to get blog updates. Take care, everyone!