Tuesday, May 1, 2012

I Did the 30 Hubs in 30 Days Challenge!

Well, I did the challenge! The Hubpages 30 Hubs in 30 Days Challenge, that is. I wrote 30 hubs in 30 day, and my portfolio went from 82 hubs to 112 hubs. That meant that I crossed the 100 hubs mark, which meant a lot to me. Read about the advantages and disadvantages of writing so much material in a short period of time. 

To me, having 100 pieces of work on a place is significant: it means that you have shown commitment. And I do believe that having over 100 pieces of writing has the potential for more income, and for establishing an online presence.

One of the things that I am learning about writing online is that you need to establish an online presence. To do that, you need to have a significant number of articles, hubs or blog posts. And you need to establish credibility as a writer by producing regular content that readers appreciate and trust.

During this challenge, I felt like I had reached some kind of "tipping point" and become committed to the process. I also started to see some more income coming in, including Amazon sales.

This challenge also cemented my decision to continue to pursue the writing and online work. For the last year, I have had a toe in the water but have been afraid to immerse myself by committing fully. I would read about people's failures and problems and think I should get out and do something else. But I am in now and I don't intend to quit. This feeling of commitment is a good feeling and frees me up from worrying about if this is what I am supposed to be doing, energy which is better spent actually writing and creating.

What about you? Have you ever reached a "tipping point" in your work? What happened and how has it affected you? 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments nice and kind.