Friday, March 1, 2013

Insecure Blogger Blogs Again!

This blogger is still alive! 

In case you have not noticed, I have not been around for a long time. It has been over three months since I touched this blog. Hi! To be honest, I have been scared of blogging, because of being really unsure of where to go next with this blog.

I started out on this blog writing focused almost exclusively on weight loss: my own weight loss journey, with its ups and downs. As I wrote about weight loss, I also started some other niche blogs: on teaching, on books, on Christianity, and on writing. 


I found that I had very little time for each blog, and so this year, I brought all of the blogs together, into this one. But after that, I rarely wrote. I think I felt self-conscious writing about weight loss to my writing contacts, and felt funny writing about writing to my weigh loss contacts, like I had abandoned them. And so, for the most part, I just stopped blogging. I still wrote in other places, but my blog sat there, almost dead. 

I started doing some research, looking for other bloggers who have done general blogs, and had some success. And so here I go again ... this is a general blog, and if people like it, they like it. I think I will just write about what I feel like writing about. 


This is the cabin where I have been staying
Truth be told, this is typical for me. I spend so much time  agonizing over what to write, that I do not write at all. I do the same thing in my life and it is why I have trouble getting things done: I worry so much about doing things the right way, that I often end up not doing it all. 

It is a way that I am insecure ... a big bag of insecurities, truth be told. But insecure or not, I will blog, I will blog, I will blog ... 


So, what I have been up to lately ... well, I have been teaching full-time, as I mentioned in a previous post. With the job, has come a big commute. 

To counteract the effects of the job, I have also been renting a cabin and staying there for part of the time during the week. I have fallen in love with Instagram. I have been losing at the weight loss game lately. And have managed to keep up with a bit of writing, on hubpages, and my own personal websites. 


And as I am busy teaching, I know that I miss writing full time. I feel more and more drawn to purse writing, and taking pictures, as more than simply hobbies, but as my life work. 


Love Sharilee. If you like what you are reading, sign up for regular updates with Blogger or through my Facebook page.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love that cabin! Glad to see that you're back blogging again. I've started a low carb diet and so far so good. Maybe we could cheer each other on.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Susan! Congratulations on starting something new for your diet! Cutting down on your carbs has been really helpful for some that I know. Good for you! I am having trouble getting back on track with weight loss lately, but it is good to at least confess that. I guess it is a start. Nice to see you, too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments nice and kind.