Sunday, July 7, 2013

What Personality Type Are You?

By Jake Beech (Own work) [CC0], via Wikimedia Commons
Have you ever taken a personality test? Well, for me, it's a big interest, and I wanted to share some thoughts.  

First of all, personality tests are not limiting anyone -- or judging them. I remember that certain friends would fear that a test might label them and make people judge them. And perhaps in the past, that was the case.

But these days, personality tests are used to help people reach their full potential. By knowing more about who we are, we can focus our lives on being our best selves.

Sound promising? Let me give you an example. I am what is called an INFP, according a Myers-Briggs type indicator.

A name often given to the INFP is Idealist. This means that our type looks for ideals, and longs for them. So, in looking for this ideal, we can tend to get our head in the clouds and forget about real life.  Anyone that knows me even just a little knows that this is definitely me. Knowing my type does not limit me -- but rather it frees me to be who I actually am.

Have you ever checked into your type? I would highly recommend doing so -- whether just for fun, or to really gain some insight into who you are, and what your strengths are. Here is a very simple test, which actually more of a checklist. that will help you discover your type.  If you would like something with a few more questions, this is an actual test to take. 

What type are you? Please let me know in the comments. If you have questions about the test or your type, let's discuss. I happen to be a personality test junkie. And if you happen to be an INFP, see the online magazine I curate about our type.

Love Sharilee. If you like what you are reading, sign up for regular updates with Blogger or through my Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments nice and kind.