Monday, October 31, 2011

Friend-Making Monday: How Do You Get Back On Track?

Those naughty little chocolate bars! 
Well, the weekend is over and today was the day to get back on track. This morning and early afternoon were taken up with some running around for vehicle stuff that had to be done in the morning and the afternoon was prepping for supper and getting things tidied up. And so my day goes.


I didn't get to the gym and I don't really want to walk on Halloween night. So, it will be a quiet evening in giving out candy and trying to withstand the temptation of eating those little bars! Anyone else feeling a bit anxious about this? That's a lot of chocolate and I will have to distract myself and grit my teeth not to dig into some of those leftovers! 

Today is Friend-Making Monday at Kenlie's blog, All The Weigh. If you would like to join in, just grab the image off of this page, and answer the following question. Then, go over to Kenlie's blog and leave a link, and leave a comment here to let me know you took part, too.

This week's question is an interesting one. Here it is:


FMM: What do you do when trying to reclaim your healthy lifestyle after a few emotional, unhealthy weeks? 
Well, this is something I am struggling with all the time. It seems like I keep going back and forth between making great choices and then not-so-great choices.  So this is a constant issue for me. 

What works for me? Here are a few things: 
  • Walking really helps to get my head in the right space again. It is exercise and it gets the circulation going. I find if I keep walking, I get more motivated to eat right. 
  • I make sure I start blogging, if I have stopped. Coming back and admitting my struggles helps me to be accountable and face things again. 
  • I eat a big salad for at least one meal. Getting fresh, healthy food feels so good after eating a bunch of processed crap for a while. 
These are some of the things that I do but by no means do I have this one figured out. I'd love to hear your strategies!