Saturday, October 29, 2011

My Blogging Experience ... Bring Your Own Crazy!

So, I don't usually do two posts in one day but .. I couldn't resist when I saw the "Bring Your Own Crazy" meme that Joanna was doing over here, at Diary of a Mad, Fat Woman. I've done at least one of these before and they're a lot of fun! If you want to do this, just copy and paste the questions and answer the questions for yourself. Then let me know if you have done so!

Okay, so here goes. This is a good one!

1. When did you begin blogging? Do you plan to do it a long time or do you think you’ll stop after a while?
I first started blogging in August of 2009 (this was my first post) and then kept it up for about a year but then dropped out of blogging altogether for almost one whole year!   Lucky for me, the blog was still there when I started blogging again this year. I don't know if I will continue this blog forever or not. My purpose is to lose weight and if when I do, I am not sure if I will still want to focus on it, but I think I will want to write something to encourage other women.
I love writing!


2.  What do you enjoy more - blogging yourself or reading other’s blogs?
I have to admit, I love blogging the most. Just because I love writing so, so much! It's my passion. And I also just adore the design aspect of it. I'm constantly tweaking.


3.  What’s the biggest thing blogging has taught you? Biggest surprise about blogging?
Wow, interesting question. I guess the biggest surprise is how easy it is. Before starting this blog, I thought writing on the Internet in any way was something only a technical genius could do. You would not believe how intimidated I was when I first started. When I got the first comment, it was like a whole other world had opened up!

Blogging has taught me that people are so much the same. Even the "skinny girls" who have made it in their weight loss efforts have to struggle with eating right. And it's also taught me that I can express myself through writing and reach other people. I think it's helped give me more confidence in expressing myself to more than just my immediate family. 

4.  Have you met any other bloggers in real life – solely because of your blog or theirs?
No, not yet, but there is a blogger who lives in my city, Winnipeg, that I have been talking to, and we might meet. That would be so exciting! 

5.  Does your blog have a general theme as in one topic or do you cover everything and anything?

I actually have a couple of blogs that I write but this one is definitely for weight loss. I am pretty focused on this blog, on this topic but I do talk about how things in my life are affecting my weight loss journey. Weight is not just about eating and exercising but also about stress, confidence, body-image and emotions. It's about all of our lives.

6.  Are you public or anonymous? Whichever you are – do you ever wish you were the other?

Kinda sorta both. I use a moniker, "prairieprincess" but it's pretty easy to follow the links and find my name if anyone wants to. I am always kind of being pulled between wanting to stay anonymous and wanting to just be "me."

7.  What’s your best blogging advice for a new blogger?
 I think the best advice I would offer is to be yourself. It's easy to get intimidated by other bloggers and look at what everyone else is doing but like someone else told me, "it's your blog." So use it in a way that works for you. I'm still trying to work this one out for myself!

8.  Does anyone in your real life read your blog/know it’s address? Do you wish they would or wouldn’t?
There are just two or three, I think. My sister and one or two friends. I have asked several people on Facebook to read my blog but no one seemed very interested. I actually wish more of them would read it.

9.  Do you enjoy blogging or do you view it as a chore? How often do you blog?
I absolutely love blogging! It's my excuse to write every day. I love communicating and sharing my heart. A lot of my blog is kind of self-centered, I guess, because it's about my journey but I love it when others can relate in some way. And I love sharing new information that I find out.

Sometimes it does feel like a chore if I'm feeling depressed and have made bad choices but I am glad that I kind of force myself to write, anyway, because I think it produces an honest blog, not just a perfect one!

10.  Do you tell people in your real life that you blog? Or keep it a secret?
I haven't told that many people (besides on Facebook) because at first I was so embarrassed at my weight and how much I need to lose. I think I want to start sharing it with more people, though. It would be great to have more RL acquaintances commenting on my blog!

So, that was so much fun! If you want to answer these questions on your blog, please do so and post a link here!